- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- Keep your composure under pressure and encourage collaboration in the face of conflict
- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other applicable background
- At least ten years of commercial construction industry experience, with at least five of those years in project management, including managing large projects of $35 million or more
- Technical knowledge of building components and systems
- A solid understanding of the construction management process including estimating, budget control, scheduling, quality management, safety management, procurement, and contract administration
- The ability to assemble the right team to address and solve issues effectively
- Thorough knowledge of procedures (subcontracts, change orders, submittals, RFIs and close-out)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- Experience with BIM and LEED
Reporting to the project vice president, you may oversee five to ten project engineers and project managers on individual or multiple projects. Your primary responsibility will be interfacing directly with the client, including contract negotiations, marketing and preconstruction. We’ll look to you to focus on each project’s big-picture perspective, ensuring your team is handling the current needs and anticipating future needs. At the same time, you’ll need to take a hands-on approach in order to stay on top of what is happening at all levels.
In our unique business model you will be involved in all stages from initial interviews to project completion. This role is broader than comparable roles at many other firms and will include estimating, chairing meetings, writing subcontracts, and handling negotiations. You’ll leverage your business acumen in budgeting, reporting, risk management and marketing.
Your key activities will include:
- Managing profitability, staff development and client relations for positive results, in tandem with the superintendent
- Overseeing and administering one or more construction projects at a time
- Conducting constructability reviews, taking advantage of your problem-solving abilities
To apply for this position, please send a resume, and cover letter/e-mail with“Senior Project Manager” in the subject line to: email@example.com.