- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- Keep your composure under pressure and encourage collaboration in the face of conflict
- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other applicable background
- At least four years of building construction experience
- Understanding of the construction management process and procedures including estimating, budget control, scheduling, safety management, subcontracts, change orders, submittals, RFIs and closeout
- Technical knowledge of building components and systems
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- Experience with BIM and subcontract coordination
- A passion for building
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager orchestrates buyout and procurement of trades. The APM is responsible for monitoring the procurement schedule, interacting with subcontractors, and reviewing payment applications. Additionally, the APM assists with the day-to-day activities of a Project Manager and will mentor the development of a Project Engineer team. With a Builder’s mindset, the APM works closely with field Superintendents to ensure the project’s schedule and review the quality of installed materials.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the project manager with managing profitability, staff development and positive client relations, in tandem with the superintendent
- Assisting the project manager with constructability reviews and problem solving
- Working with supervision and the PM to maintain the schedule
- Proactively leading our safety efforts
- Supervising project engineers and interns
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter/e-mail with ‘Assistant Project Manager’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
MATT Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We demonstrate through our recruiting efforts and subcontractor selection that we are committed to hiring, supporting, and advancing people from diverse cultures and perspectives. MATT Construction actively partners with organizations that provide a network of candidates with skills and experiences that lend to creating a rich and diverse workplace.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles/San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.