- Apply your education to real-life situations
- Grow as a professional and an individual
- Gain knowledge and experience in the talent acquisition, benefits and rewards, wellness, learning & development, and organizational development fields
- Take ownership of tasks, complete projects, and work directly with experienced professionals in the field
Do you have
- Status as a junior or senior in an undergraduate degree program with a focus on Human Resources
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills: identifies, analyzes, and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers, organizes and analyzes information logically and creatively
- Interpersonal skills: maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Planning and organizational skills: prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Adaptability skills: adapts smoothly to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and deals with frequent change, delays or unexpected events calmly
- Dependability: consistent timeliness, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Confidentiality: ability to maintain, at all times, the confidentiality of all personal, private and company information
Under the direction of the Vice President of Talent Resources, the HR Intern will directly assist the department team with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits and other general Human Resources duties as assigned. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
Your responsibilities may include
- Supporting the Benefits Administrator during open enrollment
- Processing background checks and new hire onboarding paperwork and assisting with new hire orientations
- Assisting with the setup and execution of MATT’s summer internship programs
- Executing other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Talent Resources
This is a paid internship running approximately 12 weeks starting in May/June. The HR Intern may expect to work 20 to 30 hours per week (schedule is flexible).
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter/e-mail with “HR Intern” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MATT Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We demonstrate through our recruiting efforts and subcontractor selection that we are committed to hiring, supporting, and advancing people from diverse cultures and perspectives. MATT Construction actively partners with organizations that provide a network of candidates with skills and experiences that lend to creating a rich and diverse workplace.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles/San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.