- Be flexible, adaptable and effectively cope with change
- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- Keep your composure under pressure and encourage collaboration in the face of conflict
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- A path to obtain a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Safety, Occupational Health or a construction-related field
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills
- A positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
As a Safety Intern, you will gain a general knowledge of construction means & methods, safety policies & procedures, and a basic understanding of OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations. You will also build solid verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Your responsibilities may include
- Working with Project Managers and Field Supervision to pre-plan safety activities
- Proactively collaborating with Project Superintendents to ensure project safety
- Conducting and documenting job site inspections
- Assisting with incident investigations when appropriate
- Organizing toolbox safety meetings
- Collaborating with Project Engineer Interns from other schools and majors
- Presenting on behalf of the Safety department at bi-weekly staff meetings
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include “Safety Engineer Internship” in the subject line.
MATT Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We demonstrate through our recruiting efforts and subcontractor selection that we are committed to hiring, supporting, and advancing people from diverse cultures and perspectives. MATT Construction actively partners with organizations that provide a network of candidates with skills and experiences that lend to creating a rich and diverse workplace.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles/San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.