- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- Keep your composure under pressure and encourage collaboration in the face of conflict
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Mentor your team
- Commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Structural Design and Construction Engineering Technology
- At least 20 years of project Planning and Control experience
- Previous experience supervising a team of Schedulers
- Ability to engage effectively at all levels
- Compassion, empathy and judgement
- A passion for building
The Scheduling Manager is responsible for the development, monitoring and oversight of all project scheduling, including the establishment, training and enforcement of corporate guidelines and practices to enhance the utilization of the schedule as a positive tool for project planning and control.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist Scheduling and the Design Build Teams with the development of Bid and PreConstruction Schedules.
- Assist the Estimating team with the costs and resources needed to support contract required scheduling services.
- Assist Sales and Marketing Teams in the presentation process of MATT’s in-house Scheduling Policies, Procedures and Capabilities.
- Facilitate the development of the initial Baseline Schedule for all projects to assure the following:
- Transition and coordination of the Bid Schedule thought process and concerns to the Baseline Schedule.
- Involvement of the Project Team to guarantee authorship of the schedule.
- Coordinate Sub-contractor involvement, input and buy-in.
- Compliance with contract specific scheduling requirements.
- Clear presentation of the Baseline Schedule to Owners, detailing the thought process and major areas of concern.
- Facilitate the schedule update process to assure the following:
- Accurate as-built data for activity start and completion tracking.
- Accurate representation of the current progress (% complete), current work plan and projected start and finish dates.
- Addition of new work activities required to define extra work, changed conditions or other impacts, needed to maintain an accurate planning tool.
- Compliance with contract required narratives, reports and submittals.
- Communication of the current schedule status, projected plan and Critical Path activities to all parties involved.
- Provide additional schedule support as required:
- Recovery Schedules
- Time Impact Analysis
- What-if Analysis Schedules
- Provide Monthly Executive Schedule Summary Analysis for all projects.
- Develop and implement a Training program for project scheduling, customized to each responsible position for all project team members.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, and cover letter/e-mail with Scheduling Manager in the subject line to: email@example.com.