- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- Keep your composure under pressure and encourage collaboration in the face of conflict
- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other applicable background
- At least ten years of commercial construction industry experience, with at least five of those years in project management, including managing large projects of $35 million or more
- Technical knowledge of building components and systems
- A solid understanding of the construction management process including estimating, budget control, scheduling, quality management, safety management, procurement, and contract administration
- The ability to assemble the right team to address and solve issues effectively
- Thorough knowledge of procedures (subcontracts, change orders, submittals, RFIs and close-out)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- Experience with BIM and LEED
Reporting to the project Vice President, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of a single large project, or multiple smaller projects. The SPM manages projects from the inception of the budget phase, through preconstruction, and into construction. At the same time, you’ll need to take a hands-on approach in order to stay on top of what is happening at all levels and ensure your team is handling all current and future needs. This role is broader than comparable roles at many other firms and will include estimating, chairing meetings, writing subcontracts, and handling negotiations. You’ll leverage your business acumen in budgeting, reporting, risk management and marketing.
Your key activities will include:
- Managing profitability, staff development and client relations for positive results, in tandem with the superintendent
- Overseeing and administering one or more construction projects at a time
- Conducting constructability reviews, taking advantage of your problem-solving abilities
To apply for this position, please send a resume, and cover letter/e-mail with“Senior Project Manager” in the subject line to: email@example.com.
MATT Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We demonstrate through our recruiting efforts and subcontractor selection that we are committed to hiring, supporting, and advancing people from diverse cultures and perspectives. MATT Construction actively partners with organizations that provide a network of candidates with skills and experiences that lend to creating a rich and diverse workplace.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles/San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.