- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- React positively on the face of conflict and encourage productive collaboration
- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Roll up your sleeves and commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- At least 7 years experience in managing commercial high-rise, creative office, museum, estate residential, or higher education construction
- Technical knowledge of multiple building components and systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a high degree of comfort selling our work
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required)
- Experience with BIM and SureTrak and Primavera software (preferred)
Reporting to the general superintendent, you will run all field activities on a project, overseeing subcontractors, field forepeople, installers and laborers. You will share leadership responsibilities on each project with the Project Manager, including the mentoring and development of project engineers.
Your activities will include:
- Scheduling and coordinating people from different trades; depending on the project, this could be 200 to 500 people
- Performing detailed constructability analyses and parlaying findings into solutions
- Participating in the subcontractor buyout process and verifying the scope of what we are going to build and how we are going to build it
- Ensuring permits and licenses are in place
- Coordinating inspections
- Maintaining efficient workflow in the field
- Managing all site safety considerations
- Performing quality control and quality assurance verifications
To apply for this position, please send a resume, and cover letter/e-mail with “Superintendent” in the subject line to: email@example.com.
MATT Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We demonstrate through our recruiting efforts and subcontractor selection that we are committed to hiring, supporting, and advancing people from diverse cultures and perspectives. MATT Construction actively partners with organizations that provide a network of candidates with skills and experiences that lend to creating a rich and diverse workplace.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles/San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.