Our unique and collaborative business model pairs a superintendent with a project manager on site, so your successes will be visible. You’ll share ideas and insights with talented, inspired and motivated people in a unique culture, where we believe that the role of leadership is to create an environment in which people can be successful. A company-wide policy encouraging shared performance responsibility ensures the highest degree of professional service and exceptional results on all projects we undertake.
Your performance in this position could allow you to have longevity here, particularly as we continue to grow.
- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- React positively on the face of conflict and encourage productive collaboration
- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Roll up your sleeves and commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- At least 7 years experience in managing commercial high-rise, creative office, museum, estate residential, or higher education construction
- Technical knowledge of multiple building components and systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a high degree of comfort selling our work
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required)
- Experience with BIM and SureTrak and Primavera software (preferred)
Reporting to the general superintendent, you will run all field activities on a project, overseeing subcontractors, field forepeople, installers and laborers. You will share leadership responsibilities on each project with the project manager, including the mentoring and development of project engineers.
Your activities will include:
- Scheduling and coordinating people from different trades; depending on the project, this could be 200 to 500 people
- Performing detailed constructability analyses and parlaying findings into solutions
- Participating in the subcontractor buyout process and verifying the scope of what we are going to build and how we are going to build it
- Ensuring permits and licenses are in place
- Coordinating inspections
- Maintaining efficient workflow in the field
- Managing all site safety considerations
- Performing quality control and quality assurance verifications
To apply for this position, please send a resume, and cover letter/e-mail with “Superintendent” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.