MATT Construction has a new and exciting career opportunity! We are seeking an experienced Director to lead our VDC/BIM efforts.
- Be flexible, adaptable and effectively cope with change
- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- Keep your composure under pressure and encourage collaboration in the face of conflict
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- A minimum of 10 years in a VDC/BIM role
- A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role, leading teams
- Hands-on leadership style with ability to balance strategic and tactical assignments
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Prior experience implementing process improvements and new technology implementation
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, business, or technology
- Extensive experience working with programs such as Autodesk Building Suite (Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD), Trimble Sketchup, Bluebeam, Rhinoceros, and Synchro
- Design-build experience (preferred)
The VDC/BIM Director is responsible for overseeing the strategy, direction and daily management of MATT Construction’s VDC/BIM operations and function.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop processes, infrastructure, and teams responsible for managing the use of Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) models for all construction projects
- Ensure VDC models are being obtained from design teams at milestone dates
- Oversee the organization and preparation of models for use in quantity takeoffs by the preconstruction team
- Coordinate Building Information Modeling (BIM) Instructions to bidders items with preconstruction team
- Evaluate mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection (MEPF) proposals and assist in subcontractor selection processes
- Manage the federated building models consisting of design team models, subcontractor component models, and in-house generated component models
- Oversee the facilitation of regular BIM meetings for above-ceiling coordination and any other model-based coordination required
- Effectively communicate VDC activities and schedule to the project team
- Manage the preparation of any coordination drawings needed to facilitate project completion
- Prepare and distribute monthly project VDC reports to ensure timely communication
- Manage the collection and preparation of project-required as-built/record models and/or CAD files
- Support the process of procuring future projects while continually building client loyalty
- Contribute to marketing and business development efforts while maintaining a network of architects, consultants, and potential clients to consistently bring in new leads
- Participate and assist in the preparation of presentations and proposals
- Manage the generation of site logistics models, animations, and simulations for inclusion in RFPs and interviews
- Review project plans to ensure constructability and coordination efforts
- Provide technical expertise on projects in the preconstruction phase
- Monitor project changes (ASIs, RFIs) and coordinate with VDC team
- Support the project team in preparing RFIs identified during VDC coordination
- Train staff on the use of modeling software and procedures
- Monitor technology software trends and make recommendations to ensure timely ovulation of MATT’s utilization of software
To apply for this position, submit your resume to email@example.com and be sure to include “Director of VDC/BIM” in the subject line.
MATT Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We demonstrate through our recruiting efforts and subcontractor selection that we are committed to hiring, supporting, and advancing people from diverse cultures and perspectives. MATT Construction actively partners with organizations that provide a network of candidates with skills and experiences that lend to creating a rich and diverse workplace.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles/San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.